Membership of the Australian Friends of the Camino provides the following benefits:
- An interesting and informative quarterly newsletter.
View past copies of the newsletter, the Camino Chronicle. Each issue is full of great articles written by members, and other valuable information forwarded from a variety of sources.
- Upon request, a credencial is provided, free of charge, to members when they are planning their Camino.
(We are the only organisation in Australia approved by the Camino authorities in Spain to issue Australian credencials. These credencials are recognised by the Pilgrim Office in Santiago de Compostela.)
- Because we issue credencials, we have a good knowledge of where Australians are departing from on their Camino, and, for the “roads less travelled’, we are able to help with information and advice relevant to the Australian traveller.
- As an organisation we receive a range of advertising material from service providers along the Camino routes. We sift through this, summarise it, and then issue it to our members in the form of an email newsletter.
- Last, but certainly not least, membership of the Australian Friends of the Camino provides the opportunity to meet other Australian pilgrims, share stories and experiences, and enjoy the wonderful spirit of the Camino.
- Usually, membership applications and enquiries are dealt with in batches at a weekly meeting. If your request is urgent please let us know but also please be aware that the volunteers who work on membership and issuing credencials often have other pressing commitments. Please be patient.
Downloadable PDF Membership Form
For those wishing to download a PDF version of the membership form to print and return by mail: