At the Conference we’ll explore the reasons motivating people to undertake a pilgrimage, and the impact of the physical, emotional, and social journey in order to build a better understanding of why this is such a transformative experience for so many.
Friday is predominantly informal with the focus on welcoming, building pilgrim camaraderie and re-establishing old friendships.
Spanish Ambassador Her Excellency Alicia Moral Revilla
The focus for Saturday is ‘The Journey’ – it starts with a formal opening conducted by the Spanish Ambassador, followed by an introduction to the concept of a labyrinth and its link to pilgrimage. Other sessions will explore the factors that motivate people to undertake a pilgrimage or Camino, as well as reflecting on feelings and emotions during the journey and on arrival into Santiago. There will also be a session helping new pilgrims to prepare for their first Camino.
Sunday explores ‘Beyond the Journey – Bringing it home’. Podcaster and dedicated pilgrim Dan Mullins will host a panel discussion with a number of pilgrims who have managed to bring home their Camino experience. You will be challenged to think deeply about your own personal experience in order to better understand how to identify the gifts attained while walking, how to integrate them into everyday life and to ‘pay it forward’.
As program details and timings are finalized more information will be available here on the AfotC website.
Amberley Edmund Rice Centre, 7 Amberley Way, Lower Plenty, Victoria, is on the banks of the Yarra River, and has plenty of on-site parking plus the largest outdoor labyrinth in the Southern hemisphere in a beautiful garden setting.
Visit the Amberley website.
Accommodation is ‘pilgrim style’ in small, shared rooms. Most rooms have 3 or 4 beds, with linen and towels provided.
Amberley is approximately 26 kms from the Melbourne CBD. View location.
There are no public transport options that take you directly to the venue.
Several packages are available, with a special discounted price on residential bookings for AfotC members:
||Whole weekend includes all meals & accommodation
||Whole weekend includes all meals except breakfast
No accommodation is included
||Friday Night only – includes Welcome & dinner
|Saturday only – includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner
|Sunday only – includes morning tea and lunch
Bookings are through TryBooking, and payable using a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card, PayPal, Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Bookings will open noon Friday 14 October 2022. Options to pay include Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card, PayPal, Google Pay or Apple Pay. There is a Booking Fee of 2.5 % plus a 50 cent Admin Fee.
TryBooking charges a Booking Fee of 2.5 % plus a 50 cent Admin Fee.
During the booking process you will be able to enter any dietary requirements you have, plus advise if you prefer to share a room with a specific person or group.
If you need any assistance, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow our Conference Facebook page for regular updates and interesting insights about the conference.
For information about this event, please go to trybooking.com/CCBWQ or contact the “Event Organiser” at email@example.com
- Refund requests received up to and including 20 December 2022 – a full refund of the ticket price will be paid. The Ticket Fee is retained by TryBooking and is not refunded.
- Refund requests received between 21 December 2022 and 31 January 2023 inclusive – 50% refund of the ticket price will be paid. The Ticket Fee is retained by TryBooking and is not refunded.
- Refund requests received on or after 1 February 2023 – No refund of the ticket price will be paid. The Ticket Fee is retained by TryBooking and is not refunded.
All refunds will be processed through TryBooking Australia:
- Go to trybooking.com
- Open the Conference event page and click on the “Contact Event Organiser”.
- Provide details of your ticket and the reason for your refund request. Once approved TryBooking will refund the ticket price (minus the Ticket Fee) into the purchaser’s account within 5 – 10 business days.
- Assistance in making a refund request is available on the TryBooking website. Search for “How do I obtain a Refund”.
If reasons beyond our control force the cancellation of the Conference a full refund less the Ticket Fee will be made to all purchasers.