Nunyara Conference Centre, 5 Burnell Drive, Belair, South Australia
11 – 13 October 2019
El Camino ~ The Way Ahead
In case you haven’t already heard… the BIG NEWS is that John Brierley, the author of the very popular Camino Guide books, is to be one of our keynote speakers. This will be a wonderful opportunity for new and experienced pilgrims to gain insight into both the spirituality and the practicality of walking the Camino. John’s fame and reputation as a Camino teacher, guide and guru is widely known and highly respected. This is your chance to meet the man himself – and perhaps have your books signed!
Dr Francisco Singul (Cultura Xacobea, Galicia)
We are delighted to announce that Dr Francisco Singul will be coming from Santiago de Compostela to speak on the topic: “The Camino de Santiago – issues and challenges for the next decade”. Dr Singul is Head of the Department of Culture of the Xacobea, Xunta de Galicia and has a special research interest in the culture of The Way. His talk is bound to be of huge
interest to everyone with a love of the Camino.
- Complete the Booking Form:
- Return the form via:
- email to email@example.com, or
- post to AFOTC PO Box 601, Stirling 5152
- Make payment:
- Accommodation is limited, payment guarantees your reservation
- All payments must be made by 1 September 2019.
- Bank details: BSB 105 079, Account Name AFOTC, Account Number 055407740. For the reference please use your Surname and Initial (ie ROSS J)
NOTE: Places are limited, so it is advisable to get in early! AFOTC Members are being offered priority booking, but the conference will be promoted more widely (eg via Facebook) from April onwards. If you book for the whole weekend, and you are a member of AFOTC at the time of booking, you are eligible for the discounted price of $220. This includes full accommodation, meals, and all conference activities.
The venue, Nunyara, is approximately 10km from Adelaide CBD in the foothills. It offers ‘pilgrim-style’ accommodation in small dormitories with shared bathrooms. Linen & towels are supplied. Refer to unitingvenuessa.org.au/nunyara
- Taxi from Adelaide airport ($30-$35)
- Uber from the airport ($25-$30)
- Bus 196 from city to Sheoak Rd, Belair (Stop 23 Main Rd – North East side, stop ID: 14686)
- Train from city to Pinera station
Friday 11 October:
- Registration from 4pm
- Dinner and Welcome 6pm
- After-dinner drinks, networking and Spanish dancing!
Saturday 12 October:
- 9am Opening / Keynote speaker: Dr Francisco Singul (Cultura Xacobea, Galicia)
- Presentations, workshops, book displays and all meals throughout the day
- Evening: Dinner and entertainment
Sunday 13 October:
- 8.30am Chapel service
- 9.00am to 12: Presentations & Summary of Proceedings
- 12.00 Lunch
- 1.30pm Pilgrim Blessing and Close of Conference
Extras – Hospitalero Training
Hospitalero Training: A 2-day course for is being offered in Adelaide on Thursday 10 & Friday 11 October, in conjunction with the Conference.
Do you have Camino experience? Want to take it to another level? Remember that amazing albergue you stayed in? You too can serve as a Hospitalero giving that same experience to others.
Further details and registration go to: www.australianhospitaleros.org
Why not extend your stay in South Australia…
Before or after the conference, you could enjoy some of SA’s iconic tourist attractions …such as the wine regions of Southern Vales and Barossa Valley; Kangaroo Island; Adelaide Central Market; Art Gallery of SA and Tandanya Aboriginal Cultural Institute; Festival Theatre and more.